My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 1 November 2016

Challenge 24 At Noor Design UK

Hello everyone....well its the 1st of November & we all know what that means........yep nearly crimbo time yayyyyyy.........
Also its time for a new challenge over at Noor Design UK yayyyyyy again. This month the challenge is an easy one again......
WINTER
......see how easy is that this time of year ;-)
For my WINTER card I've used such a beautiful image & I sat for ages looking at her....thinking what colour should I do......
........I lurve colouring in red whether its copics or distress inks & I decided this pretty lady would suit red.....though to be honest she would suit ANY colour!!
Not sure if this screams winter but christmas is in winter.....in most places lol.

These Gardenia flowers are soooooo pretty but as its christmas I decided to pretty them up a bit more. I sprayed them with Crafters Companion Spray & Shine & then sprinkled Glitter all over liberally & shake off gently the excess & left to dry.
I've added Scrapiniec fern leaves as well as a leaf cut with a Marianne die, using the Maja Design I Wish for Peace & Joy sheet. I also placed a straw in between the flowers.

Of course all crimbo cards need bling & lace ;-) The wooden sentiment I got from The Range when hubster took me last week......I loved them that much I decided make another card for the challenge.......yep this isnt my first card for the challenge lol. I will show you the one I originally made another time though ;-)

This is of course a Sylvia Zet image for Whimsy & I coloured her with distress ink refills & markers. I also added Stickles to the berries on the mistletoe, added more distress glitter to her wings & bits of white fran-tage to look like snow.
Distress Ink Colours used are........
Vintage Photo & Tattered Rose - Skin
Antique Linen & Gathered Twigs - Hair
Fired Brick & Antique Linen - Dress
Antique Linen - Wings
Background was done with Pumice Stone

You will see more of this pretty lady as I really enjoyed colouring her :-)

Have you seen those wooden snowflakes, they are brilliant for adding little accents in random places of  your project........I will be ordering more of these!!!
The image is cut out using Little Darlings Fancy Rectangles.....this & the square one are my favourite dies at the minute for images....I love em!!

As you can see inside is decorated as well. 
Now when I colour my images 90% of the time I sit in bed at night colouring whilst watching dvds (something I've seen lots so I dont watch it as much lol, usually Arrow lol) I very rarely choose paper then colour the image...... Luckily Maja Design nearly always meets my needs & I know they will always have something to match my images..........their new I Wish collection is fantastic.........absolutely gorgeous every single sheet!!

Well thats it form me, hope everyone had a lovely Halloween, we spent ours with the family & my grandkids LOVED thier gift bags.....though I couldnt fit all the toys in lol. Yeah we spoilt them a bit..........but hey we are GRANDparents so its allowed ;-)

Pop on over to the Noor Design UK blog here to see my uber talented teamies they have made such stunning creations. Also come along & join in the challenge for a chance of a fabulous prize from Tracy.

Thats all folks ;-)
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering...........
Cute Card Thursday - Lace and/or Pearls
Allsorts Challenge - Let's Make A Start On Christmas
Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes






Links To Products Used........

8 comments:

Carole Pollard said...

Wonderful card just love this stamp and the gorgeous traditional colours The wooden sentiment is great I bought some of these from my local craft shop not used them yet so you have inspired me Loved you daughter card such amazing colours and embellishments Love and hugs Carole x

Sandra H said...

Fabulous card as always l love the image too!

Inkypinkydelights said...

Another beautiful card Vicky. Love her in red! And oh yes that shouts Wintery to me. Judy x

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow wow wow hunny, this is simply gorgeous, love your colouring, I find red hard work yours is perfect, loving the detail too, that flower looks amazing, speak soon, hugs Liz xx

Wendy L said...

Love, love, love it, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

brenda said...

A super card and beautifully embellished, many thanks for joining in our 'Let's get ready for Christmas' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Nataša Š. said...

Stunning creation! Love the design and colours and your colouring is perfect!

Marjeta said...

Fantastic creation.
Marjeta