My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Noor Design UK DT Cards - For The Men In Life

Hello everyone how are you all?
I'm here today with not one male card but 2.....yes 2 male cards!! I think I'm sickening for something........yep I'm ill ;-) Just kidding ;-)
On both of these cards I have used papers from the same collection, Pion Mr Tom's Treasures.....these make male cards so much easier :-)
My first one is using an image from Mr Tom's Treasures.........all links to items used will be at the bottom of the post.
This image is perfect for the males in our lives, especially our fathers & grandfathers ;-)
The base of my card is Kraft card but all other card used for matting I used Pion Design Palette.
All papers & image have been distressed & machine sewn around the edges.

I love these sentiments they are perfect. I punched a hole in each corner & added eyelets, string & a Tim Holtz clip to hold them in place.......... Can you also see the Kraft Pocket there peeking out a little....

Its to hold this tag inside, maybe you could something special on here just for that special fella in your life........maybe tell them how special & loved they really are...

This is the inside of each card, these postcards are perfect for adding to the inside for a place to write your message

My 2nd card features a stamped image.
Distress ink refills & Markers used are....
Skin - Vintage Photo, Tattered Rose & Candied Apple for Cheeks
Hair - Antique Linen & Walnut Stain
Walking Stick - Vintage Photo
Suit, Hat & Shoes - Pumice Stone, Hickory Smoke & Stormy Sky is used for the blue

I have used Edwin from Magnolia Little London Collection & while I do have the phone booth stamp, I've been waiting to use this Scrapiniec Telephone Box. I did originally ink the whole thing with Fired Brick distress ink but then changed my mind & painted the bottom layer with white gesso instead......I also added small clear foam pads in between the bottom & top layer to add some more dimension. Behind I used Little Darlings Fancy Squares dies.....the larger part I used the half piece you get in the set to make it larger ;-)
Top left is a bingo card form the Pion sheet & I added a Pen Nib to the top......because I've added a silver charm to the tag on the right side I wanted the pen nib to match........so I embossed it with silver embossing powder.......be warned it gets very hot!!
On the right picture you can see the pocket peeking out & you can see a charm & the words 'My Father'.......

I added a tag again with one of the 'Images From The Past' sheet, I trimmed it down to fit on the tag as I really love what it says on it.........The car I think is something Edwin would drive dont you think ;-)

I made cabochons with the circles you get on Mr Tom's Tags Sheet, on the left I made a clock cabochon & on the right is a gentleman that looks a lot like Edwin.......complete with hat & stick lol.
I added banners on both using Little Darlings Stitched Flags die.

I really enjoyed making these male cards, think it helps when you have fabulous products from Noor Design UK.
Speaking of the store........have you seen the totally yummy new products Tracy has added...well grab yourself a cuppa & a biscuit & pop on over here to browse all the new products....including new whimsy stamps here.

Thanks for stopping by, take care.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering...........
Lovely Hanglar or Sweet Magnolia - Anything Goes (Edwin card)
Simply Magnolia - Anything Goes (Edwin Card)


The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:





7 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow, these are fabulous hun, awesome colouring too, hugs Liz xx

Gina's Cards said...

Hi Viky, OMG this is utterly stunning! I love the beautiful design, there are so many interesting features and of course Edwin looks fab! Thank you for sharing with us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

MagsB said...

Two fabulous cards for the guys, Vicky! I absolutely love all the gorgeous embellies! Fab-U-Lous!!!

love Mags B x

Eulanda said...

Definitely have to case these!! Would be nice to not think for once when making a man card!! LOL!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!! Vicky, this is utterly fabulous! Both creations are so masculine and yet so embellished at the same time, a hard thing to pull off!! Yet you, my hunny, make it look effortless. I utterly LOVE both of these creations!! Stunning in every detail and will be cherished I'm sure by the boys they're meant for. There's not a detail on these I don't utterly LOVE!! Brilliant creations hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Nicola said...

OMG Vicky, what a stunning male card, Edwin is coloured to perfection and your attention to detail is outstanding!
Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Magnolia and good luck!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Pysselbus said...

Awwww!! This is simply stunning!! I looove it! Fantastic inspiration for a male card!

Thank you for sharing with LHOSM!

Hugs
Linda
DT