My Lovely Friends

Tuesday 3 January 2017

Noor Design UK DT Card - Happy Birthday

Hello everyone, Happy New Year. I'm here today to show the card I made for the Noor Design UK Blog......its also a birthday card ;-)
Yesterday was my granddaughter's 5th birthday so I will show you the card I made off her Auntie & Uncle. 
Now the one thing my granddaughter wants more than anything is a Guitar, her mummy & daddy have brought her one for her birthday. So when I saw the Dutch Doobadoo A4 Card Art Guitar.........well I had to use it ;-)
I decided to use as a feature on a card instead of just using the guitar as a card.....I also wanted to make it shabby chic as my granddaughter Payton loves my foofy cards lol.
All links to items used are at the bottom of the post.
I was stuck which papers to use but in the end there was only 1 choice for the gorgeous shades of lilacs & purples......Pion Design Scent Of Lavender. All paper was inked & distressed & then machine sewn.

The Guitar I cut out in card just the front then cut it out in paper, & then cut another layer for the top in another purple shade & popped this layer onto foam pads for added dimension.
I added 2 lengths of purple waxed cord to act like guitar strings.......yes I know there should be more than 2 lol. I added a double bow at the bottom with some bling & I added a Ribbon Slider in the centre & then added a blingy button to the centre in the middle of the guitar. I think it looks good like this & shows you dont have to use things the way they are meant ;-)

I added some gorgeous lace in lilac at the top. I also added 'For You' 'Happy Birthday' at the top of the guitar, these were cut form the Borders sheet. The music sheet that you can see I cut from Lavender Bouqet in the Pion collection & I cut it in half & distressed it & inked it & curled the edge here & there.........goes well with the whole guitar theme.
The letters were also cut from the borders sheet & the number is from a die from my stash.

I added some gorgeous flowers up one side of the guitar & the leaves were made with a Rosy Owl die & cut from Small Leaves sheet.
You can see the dimension of the guitar better on this pic.

I added the other piece of music paper to this side & added a few more flowers & also some Butterflies which I cut form the Borders sheet.........I love the borders sheet you get in the Pion Design collections.

Inside is decorated but I forgot to take a photo sorry, but it has the same base paper & a note to write on from the Memory Notes sheet. I added Pleated Ruffled Tulle Trim at the bottom & I cut a border to go along the top of the tulle.
The shape of the card I made with the Ditch Doobadoo Shape Art A4 Tag XL which I thought was perfect for the size of the guitar.
I really did enjoy making this card & I think my granddaughter will love it.......well I hope so anyway lol.

Thanks for stopping by.
Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Challenges I'm Entering.......
LLC - Smorgasbord E Photo Inspiration Collage
Ribbon Girl - January Card Challenge


The products used can be ordered in the Noor! Design U.K. webshop:

6 comments:

Liz's creative corner said...

OMG hunny, she will love it, I do!!!! this is totally gorgeous, loving the beautiful design and the papers trims and embellies are perfect, who needs more strings anyway? lol

Hope you had a fabulous Christmas and New Year hun, I've got Tegan today and tomorrow before she's back at school, so no crafting again for me, boo hoo!!!
hugs Liz xx

Gina's Cards said...

OMG Vicky, this is stunning! I don't where to start, there is so much to look at, It is truly a work of art and I bet Payton loved it.
Hugs
Gina xx

Jay said...

Oh my Goodness Vicky this is utterly divine!!! My birthday is in July hint hint!!!
The guitar is just beautiful and I love all your stunning florals and details!!! I am sure that Paynton absolutely loves the two cards that you made for her and each of them is just outstanding!!! I'm sure that she had a wonderful birthday, strumming away on her new guitar!!! Aww so cute ;)
Crafty Cuddles Jay xxx

Carole Pollard said...

Fabulous this is design is amazing i love it hope you had a good Christmas and Best wishes for 2017 Love and hugs Carole x

Gina's Cards said...

Hi Vicky I'm back with a DT hat on, you know I love this card is absolutely stunning!! Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina x
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

on a good day said...

Oh my gosh, your card is just divine! I am sure your granddaughter will love it!! thank you for sharing Germaine from Canada