My Lovely Friends

Saturday 30 May 2015

Live & Love Crafts DT Card

Hi everyone I'm here today with my DT card for Live & Love Crafts. This week the theme is 'World Is Our Oyster'. Now I had a whole different idea for this, papers ready, image coloured & adhered to its frame However I've been flat out busy this week & then last night we had our granddaughter staying...........so I'm afraid I've got a card I made a couple of weeks ago when I made the Wagon here..........I made this card as a back up incase I ran out of time, so I'm showing it today.
Its a baby card & when you are first born into this world anything really is possible.......you have your whole life ahead of you & the whole word.
Of course what better way to make a baby card than to use Maja Design 'Miracle Of Life' papers.

The little Magnolia Elephant has got stickles on her ears & on all her toes, though its hard to see in the piccy :-(

As always I decorated the inside, the edging is a Magnolia Doo-Hickey die. Of course all papers have been machine sewn.
Added some gorgeous lace, there is a doily under there, you can also see one on the inside in the same place. The little pink Duck button is from my stash which I've had forever.

This sentiment is from the Emphere Cards sheet which I distressed a tiny bit, machine sewn & popped it onto foam pads to add onto the card. The Elephant was coloured with distress refills, I think you can see her glitter better here.
The banner is form the 'It's A Girl' 12x12 sheet, its the strip along the bottom & I cut some off & slightly distressed it & added it to a tiny spool.

The butterflies along the top are a Tim Holtz die & I cut them out with the same collection. The couple of butterflies on top are from a Pion sheet which I 3D up & added spinners to their centre.
The edging around the card is done with a Martha Stewart PATP set.

Well that's it form me I have a weekend of painting, DT Work & DT commenting......
Its beautiful weather here by the sea today so you never know we may find time for a BBQ.....fingers crossed lol. Although the bath finally gets delivered on monday for Natalie so I really need get her bathroom finished.

Take care lovelies & enjoy your weekend. 
If you want to enjoy it some more Sandy has new items in her store here, pop on over & have peekskie ;-)

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxxx


9 comments:

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

So cute card, I love it :)

Ronda Liebert said...

That is truly beautiful. I especially love the colors and the little ellie.

Ann Marie Governale said...

You are amazing! Just love love love looking at all you create!! xxx Ann Marie

martina's kaartjes said...

this is soooo pretty ! lovely card
martina
x

Carole Pollard said...

Just amazing this has given me loads of inspiration as we are expecting our first grandchild in 6 weeks don't know what it is yet but your card is so beautiful I'll certainly use some of the fabulous ideas as its a perfect card .Hope you got the BBQ and so glad the bath is arriving you will be relieved when its all done Love and hugs Carole x

vic said...

Hi Vicky wow!!!! This is just beautiful!!! All those lovely embellishments I'm in love :)
One serious gorgeous creation!
Hugs
Vic xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww Vicky, this is such a stunning newborn make. I love all the soft and shabby chic embellies you've used. Such a gorgeous creation hun. Hugs, Wends x

Fabiola said...

superbe Vicky, une merveille de charme, biz

Unknown said...

Backup project, huh? It certainly deserves a place in the limelight. I like how you've combined a stamped image with a vintage image, and then of course all the pink.

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts