My Lovely Friends

Saturday 23 August 2014

By The Sea for Live & Love Crafts

Hi hows your weekend going? Here in the Northeast of the UK its wet & miserable :0(
Well as I'm running MEGA late today so I best get on hadn't I?
Ok so Sandy set us the theme of Summer Memories this week & tbh as soon as I think of Summer I think of the beach & the sea.........I lurve being on the beach & listening to the waves of the ocean.
I'm also extremely lucky as I live just 5 minute walk from the beach.
So I went beach themed, although I wish there were these beach huts on our beach. The huts I've coloured with distress ink markers & Tilda I have coloured with copics........

I added a little bottle filled with German Glass Glitter that I've had forever. The sentiment I cut from a Pion sheet, all links are at the bottom. I also added a strip saying 'Message In A Bottle' across the bottle.

This shows a better view of the most gorgeous lace, I love this one, I love the feel of it. Of course for some people to go the beach means a holiday & a holiday means sending postcards, so I had to include a postcard charm. Of course all beaches have seashells ;0)

The little sentiment I also cut from a Pion sheet ' Some people see more in a walk on the beach than others see in a trip around the world' is what it says. I layered it on some Jute Fabric & added another seashell..
Ok so the beach huts are a Molly Blooms stamp that I've had since.........I think maybe last year & I've just finally inked it up. Tbh I forgot I had it :0/ The magnolia stamp is Tilda On The Beach & as I said she was coloured with copics a LONG time ago...
Copic colours used are.......yep the colour list was in the sleeve with her ;0)
E13, E11, E21, E00, E000 , RV21
E47, E44, E43, E40
B97, B95, B93, B91, B00
Hat I paper pieced. 

This is actually a picture hanging so of course I use Melissa Frances Hangers for them...........I do have quite a few of these, I love them so much & they look so pretty when you have your pics on the wall.
I have added Gesso here & there as well as you can see lol.

Well thats it from me Sandy's store is currently closed due to much need maintenance but will re-open very soon. Before you know it you will soon be able to buy lots of beautiful yumminess that Sandy stocks.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend, thanks so much for stopping by. I have quite a few things going on at the minute so I'm sorry about my bad blogging :0(

Take care lovelies mmwah, huggles Vicky xxxx






12 comments:

Tamara said...

Gorgeous! What brand are the huts?
Hugs, t.

Jan said...

Love this Vixky xx Jan

Sharon said...

I love the beach huts Vicky and the image is adorable. A fabulous design as always.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Sharon. x

Fabiola said...

super adorable! biz

Sandra H said...

Simply gorgeous! x

JenniferD said...

Wow what an Awesome Scene! Love your Water Coloring on those Beach Huts! Oooooooh and love the way Tilda is Coloured up too! Great layout and gorgeous Embellies. Have a Great Colouring Week!

Unknown said...

Well it's Bank Holiday Weekend so of course it has to rain. Feel sorry for the Reading festival people every year. Sweet n' Shabby card; the beach huts are so cute and great contrast with the pink against all that blue. Enjoy your weekend!

Hugz, Sandy
Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

KraftyKoolKat said...

Such a little Darling of a creation sweetie. Your layouts are always breathtaking. Hope everything going on in your life is all good.
Have a good weekend.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Pat K said...

Amazing work Vicky..but I'm not surprised as all you work is GORGEOUS. Wonderful detail and love the sentiment. Hope your weather clears up. hugs, Pat K x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Oooh such a beautiful wall hanging. So many details and embellishments to look at and I love the beach huts too.
Lorraine

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Vicky, very cute image and fab design. Amazing colouring as always hun.

Donna x

Irene said...

Lucky Tilda, she must be in a far better place than Northern Europe cause it's autumn in Holland BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
Adorable/stunning card as always Vicky!

xx Irene