My Lovely Friends

Friday 14 February 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Hello everyone 'Happy Valentine's Day' hope you all have a lovely one, its all about sharing love with your loved ones, partners & children.........we all deserve love!!
We havnt planned anything for tonight as we wanted Ben & Megan to have a good valentines night so we are having our grandchildren. They are going out for a meal & Ben has planned a couple of other things as a complete surprise for her ;0) 

Anyhoos I thought I would show you the card I made for my hubster. Its another CAS style card, I know check me out I'm making a few of these lately arn't I lol. I brought this paper pad especially from Bunny Zoes to make hubby's card, love it!!!!
The gorgeous paper pad I used is the new MME 'Cupid's Arrow No. 14' its full of gorgeous colours perfect for male or female..........

I cut 2 hearts out of the paper using my spellbinder set & placed a co-ordinating paper underneath. For the centre I just cut several hearts out of red cardstock & layered them up, they look awesome IRL. I stitched around the paper twice, once with black thread, then again with white thread & matted onto black card.

This is the inside, the ribbon sentiment I cut from some East Of India ribbon from my stash. I really love this paper, these sheets were perfect for inside. Machine stitched with white thread & matted onto red cardstock.

I cut another sheet the same in half & edged the cardstock with my MS punch to make a pocket. The bottom sheet co-ordinated with the lower sheet on the front.

I added 5 tags inside, only 4 are shown here. I used Magnolia Doo-Hickey 'So Wrapped Lovely' & added little sentiments that are in the pad, I folded them over the tops. I have shown one tag blank before I write on it. Sorry but the others are erm............well for hubsters eyes only, they are not for the innocent lol. He will certainly keep & use the tickets lol.

I enjoyed making this card & am actually quite proud of it, let me tell you that doesn't happen very often. The last couple of days I've struggled with mojo with a couple of cards, which you will see over the weekend but this was purely made out of complete love...........it has my heart in every single inch of it!! Most inportantly hubster loved it, said it was his most favourite card ever!!! woo hoo ;0)

This paper pad you can actually get cheaper at the mo with Nikki's 15% discount on everything, go on go treat yourself for valentine, get over to Bunny Zoe's.

Well thats it from me my grandchildren will be here soon, I'm making Payton's favourite for tea, Beef Tomato Goulash Soup, its soooooooooo yummy,  the pepper & tagliatelle are her favourite bits in it lol.
We are celebrating valentine's tomorrow night, always keep the romance alive no matter how long you have been together ;0)

Hope you all have a good weekend, stay safe & warm.
Thank you for stopping by you all rock!!!!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Challenges I'm Entering...................

A Creative Romance - Lets Get Sentimental (inside & out on this)
Papertake Weekly - With A Heart



18 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Vicky love the colour's and design have a lovely weekend
Hugs Dianne xx :-)

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab design.xxx

Unknown said...

How cute and that middle heart is just amazing, how clever you are! :)

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous card, love the middle heart. Enjoy your weekend x

Mau xx said...

This is Wonderful!! Such lovely details. My mind is working overtime as the other tags.....lol Have Fun anyway :O))
Huge Hugs Mau xx

Carol S. said...

Thank goodness I was reading your blog! I saw what you were cooking tonight, I suddenly remembered that I hadn't got my casserole in the oven. Phew! that was close to not eating tonight!! Adore your card and am loving your C&S cards. Hugs, Carol S.xx

cheryl said...

Oh gosh hun this isso beautiful just love the dimension hugs cheryl xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Vicky
Fabulous card... Quite different to your Norm....love the papers just going to pop over and have a look...
Enjoy your evening and tomorrow with the hubster... I cooked a lovely mean ... Had a gorgeous jummy pud... With cream ... Bottle of wine.. Game of Scrabble... We know how to party.. Now on the ipad catching up on the blogs... Might do a card in a bit...
Hugs Sylvie
Love to all your Familyxxx

Sue said...

WOW! I absolutely LOVE this card Vicky, it is clear to see that you enjoyed making it. The design is wonderful, gorgeous papers and the tickets are a fabulous idea. I am not surprised your hubby loved it too.
I hope you have a good weekend.
hugs Sue xx

Bad Kitty said...

wonderful

Ustvarjalni utrinki Tamara P. said...

Gorgeous
Happy Valentine's day
xx Tamara

Sandra H said...

Aww absolutely fabulous card Vicky the hearts are gorgeous as is the inside truly beautiful bet hubster will love it he'd be mad not too....lol xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous sweetie, I can understand why hubby loved it. Enjoy your evening with the little ones and your evening together tomorrow.
Hugs Cathy
Xxx

Fabiola said...

elle est magnifique Vicky, bonne saint valentin a tout les deux, biz

Lynsey said...

Hi Vicky, a gorgeous card! I love the cut out hearts! Hope you have a lovely night with your Grandchildren tonight!
Hugs Lynsey x

Denise Gutierrez said...

I bet your hubby loved the card!! I hope you 2 have a great date tomarrow

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Teresa said...

Hello Vicky,
Wow! Fabulous creation, thank you for joining in our Let's get sentimental Challenge at A Creative Romance.
Hugs Teresa