My Lovely Friends

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Simply Sassy or Simply Betty???????

Good evening or should I say good morning cus its actually nearly 1 0'clock in the morning lol!! I am posting 2 cards....1 of which I did last night but didn't get round to making my flowers til tonight & then I quickly made another card. I got a ton of stamps for crimbo & I thought I would I would do all my Sugar Nellie 1s then all my Kraftin Kimmie 1s & WOJ 1s etc etc but I thought you might get bored or is it I may get bored.........actually do you know what forget what I've just said its total dribble!! How can we EVER get bored of any stamps.......unless its a 1st class stamp by Royal Mail lol...altho they are cheaper.....4 now!!!!
Right enough of my dribble-drabble 1st I want to show you another of my Sugar Nellie stamps this is 1 I got from Santy.
For this card I followed the challenge on Sketch & Stash & you can choose any sketch from their catalogue.
I went with Sketch 13.
Here is 'Pillow Talk' from Sugar Nellie. She is coloured with Promarkers. The paper is Websters Pages which you can get from Crafty Emma's, the border through the middle was made using my MS punch. All card is from Paper Mill Direct. The corners are from Ebay & gems from my stash.

This is a close-up of my flower which was made by moi, it was all coloured with Pastel Pink & then edged with 'Tea Dye' distress ink. I have added a tutorial page now to my blog & there will be tutorials going on very soon....I am currently working on them.

Entering the above card into......

Onto my next card. For this card I have followed a colour challenge....my fab teamie from CES Julie chose the colour combo & made a fabulous DT card for this challenge before crimbo & I really wanted to play along cus the colour combo is just gorgeous & a new one for me.....I do like to keep pushing outside my comfort zone lol.
The challenge is 'Plum & White' with the optional extra of 'Frames'

Say hi to another sassy chic...this is 'Betty' from Kraftin' Kimmie & you can get her from 1 of my fave shops Crafts & Me. My step-mum brought me about a dozen Kraftin Kimmie stamps for crimbo which came as a pleasant shock lol. Sorry about the pic I had to quickly change the backing in the photo tent cus the card dissapeared into the white backing lol...the camera has picked up some of the glitter dots which is what you can see on the image. She is coloured with Copics & Promarkers & her stockings have been covered with Diamond Sparkles....I have to say I am preferring the copics I love their nibs they are perfect for finer details & I prefer to use them when doing hair especially. The only thing is getting used to the colours & what can be used with what.....but I'm getting there lol.

The image has been coated with clear embossing powder a couple of times & zapped with my heat gun. The only thing with doing this is it makes the colours darker. The frame was also heat embossed as well.

The tulle is from my stash & I made the hat pin that goes into the tulle myself using beads from my jewellery stash & the flowers are from here. All card is from Paper Mill Direct (see above card for link). I love the plum coloured card I think it looks gorgeous & I forgot I had it.

The shape of the card was made using my grand nesties in my Grand Calibur which was an early pressie from santy lol. I love these new shapes that we can do its soooo much easier now with the calibur....I love love love it!!!!!
Challenge I'm entering into.....
http://colourcreatechallenge.blogspot.com/  -  Plum & White with the optional extra of Frames

Well I'm off to link both of these up will be back tomorrow....I have a few projects on the go which hopefully will be finished tomorrow, I have done nothing on them today..
Thankyou sooo much for all your fabulous comments on my Top 10 you really are all fabulous, the best buddies I could ask for & I loves ya all. I appreciate every comment with all my heart.
MMWAH
Huggles Vicky xxx

20 comments:

cardmaking bird said...

OMG - Two BEAUTIFUL cards, what more can I say? And how did you make those flowers? Man, you're a clever girl. Can't wait to see the tut!!!!! Honestly, both of them really are gorgeous...in such different ways. Love 'em! Hugs, Marie xx

angelwhispers said...

Sounds like you where a very lucky or is that spoit girl this christmas!!!! lol

Love the cards the first one is so cute and love the papers and second I just love the purple theme and the embossing!

Love Chanelle xxx

Squirrel x said...

Two absolutely gorgeous cards hun, love them both, and it sounds like you were a VERY good girl for Santa this year!! Hugs, Sxx

Heidi said...

They are both gorgeous Vicky!
Love your flower, well done:) And your colouring is fantastic.
Yes I've had a great christmas! Got alot of lovely presents:)
The list with your Top 10 cards is amazing!
Fantastic cards all of them:) Must have been hard to choose.
I'm looking forward to follow you in 2011 and see your fantastic creations sweetie:)
Happy New Year to you and your family Vicky!
Hugs, Heidi:)

Lizzy said...

WOW hun these 2 cards are absolutely stunning, mega ace images, lush colour combos & fab layouts on both :D

Thank you for joining us at Sketch & Stash

xx Lizzy xx :)

Luvin the new look blog sweetie & your new piccy is beautiful xx

kaylou said...

Hi Vicky
awww these are both gorgeous, your colouring is awesome chick. Can't wait to see the rest of your crimbo stuf.
Hugs Kaylou xxx

Marley said...

2 beautiful cards Vicky! I love them both.. hope you had a wonderful christmas!!
Big hugs xxMarley

Doreen said...

Two gorgeous cards.xxx

Anne said...

Both cards are so lovely!
I really like the first one, the colors are so soft and elegant. :)

Unknown said...

Hi Vicky, wow hun, gorgeous cards, both of them!! I couldn't choose which one I like best, the're both soooooo great!! HUgs, Frea

Sue said...

wow 2 fabulous cards..love em both:)

thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Debs said...

Hiya Vicky
These are both gorgeous but my favourite has to be the top one - love the image amd the DP's are lush.
Hope you had a lovely Christmas.
Thanks for popping over to my blog and for the lovely comments left.
Take care
Debs xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Vicky.

Happy New Year.
Hugs Riet.x

Julie said...

Hello there, Vicky!! Two gorgeous cards, sweet, looks like you had lots of fab crafty goodies for Crimbo!! Love your KK one for my challenge at Colour Create - it's perfect!! Love this image in the deep plum!! Lotsa love, Juliexx

Diamond Doll said...

Two Gorgeous cards Vicky i especially love the purple one and your flower is stunning.
(hugs)
Trish (-:

Mina said...

two fabulous cards Vicky, I love how used our colours and her sparkly stocking are wow, I want a pair lol...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge and have a very Happy New Year
Mina xxx

coldwaters2 said...

WOWWWWWW Vicky these two are absolutely awesome, those images are so beautiful and the colours look wonderful, I am so loving these big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

coops said...

wow!!!fantastic cards vicky.i love the images and your colour combos are gorgeous.i love the attention to detail, as always hun and amazing colouring :D

xx coops xx

Meesh said...

Hey Vicky! Your cards are just STUNNING as usual! I must have a look through all your recent work... I've been MIA again :(

Meesh. xxx

Jill said...

2 beautiful cards Vicky love the image and your colouring is just perfect thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx