My Lovely Friends

Friday 31 December 2010

Scooter Boy..............Also A Sneak Peek!!!!!!

Good evening all, altho I really should say morning again its early hours!!! Welcome to my blog to my new followers I still get so excited when I get new followers.....so big hugs to you <>
Tonights card is a card for my son Ben, he is 20 years old tomorrow, New Years Eve. I cant believe how old he is & yet it doesn't seem that long ago when they were rushing me to theatre to get him out cus his heart was failing.....so it was an emergency cesarean & he weighed in at 4 & 1/2 lbs & was rushed to special care & he is 20 years old driving & is an apprentice plumber. I love him to bits & I am sooooo proud of him & he will always be my baby.....all my kids are lol. SSSSHHHH dont tell 'em!!
So tonight is using another crimbo stamp apparently my hubby saw this at Funky Kits & brought it cus he thought it was cool lol. This card is from his sister Natalie & even tho we have brought Ben a car we also brought him his first moped at 17 & then his 1st motorbike before passing his driving test. He loves his car but misses his bike...he had a Honda NSR 125 it was a beast on 2 wheels it was lush & he loved it. So this is sort of a jokey card if you like its based on his moped but the colour of his super-bike.
Sorry about pics I was in bit of rush cus of the time so basically threw them in the light tent & forgot to crop them a bit!!! This one is even ski-whiff lol.
This is Sugar Nellie 'Scooter Boy' & you can get him here. For this card I followed the sketch over at Sugar Bowl which also has a theme of embossing. I have embossed the card the image sits on & covered the dots in chalk & also the card underneath was also embossed with my Happy Birthday cuttlebug folder. I then rubbed it over with Metallic rub ons which I got from Crafts & Me. I cut out 'Happy Birthday' with my MS punch....I think this is the 1st time I've used it since I've had it....I think anyway lol. The lettering was then coloured with Aqua Blue Promarker & then heated embossed with clear powder.

Scooter Boy was coloured with Copics but I forgot the colours I'm afraid. I've been making a few cards tonight to try get a headstart on a few DT cards for next week.
This is getting entered into.....

Now I have a sneak peek for you......so close your eyes cus its a surprise......
Now........

.......open!!! This is 'Night Rose' & she is a new release which you will be able to get in January from Crafty Purple Frog, she will be available in decoupage & pyramage.........this one is decoupage 'Night Rose'. As soon as I saw the new releases I fell in love with all of them they are truly divine so come on over to here on 6th January for our new challenge & you will see the rest of the new releases. You wont want to miss it!!!

Here is a close-up isn't she really beautiful......this has to be my all time fave I love it!!!! The card behind her has been heat embossed with clear power to give it a bit of shine.....not that she needs it lol, it is then layered on lilac card.

This beautiful butterfly is from my stash, these are just gorgeous & I think I got them from Ebay.

Mulberry roses I got from Crafty Emma's Store 

The paper is from Bearly Mine Creations it is from the Designer Extreme cd Vol 3. This really is sooo pretty & I thought it went beautifully with this image.....the combination of this paper & this image it doesn't really call for much more but me being me I have to add me fancy pants bits lol. The design of the card is something new I've tried after being inspired by 1 of the DT girls over at Sweet Pea rubber stamps & will def be doing it again but a bit different on my next one. Well that is it for me I'm off to link this up to a fabby challenge & then I'm off to bed. Do you know I got up this morning & can actually start to see bits of grass in my back garden now....yes the snow is slowly going yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!
I'm entering this into.........

Well tatty bye peeps thank you soooo much for stopping by you know how much I appreciate it.
Take care & keep warm.
Huggles Vicky xxx

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

OH WOW I DO LOVE BOTH OF YOUR CARDS TONIGHT AND THE NEW RELEASE IS SO BEAUTIFUL TFS XX

cardmaking bird said...

Your son's card is great - Happy Birthday to him for tomorrow (oh, I mean today, now!)
The Sweet Pea card though, is something else - absolutely gorgeous!!! And that image is breathtaking - in fact, it may well be the first Sweet Pea I buy when they're released!! I saw that design on someone's card and thought it looked amazing - great minds think alike, eh!?!? Hugs, Marie xx

Loopylou. said...

oooh vicky, your sons card is cool and night rose is beautiful. happy birthday to your big little boy!! and have a fabulous new year hun huge hugs lou xxxx

Doreen said...

Both of these are stunning Vicky,Happy Birthday to your son.xxx

Unknown said...

Hi VIcky, love your cards! Happy New Year hun, see you in 2011!! Hugs, Frea

Fiona said...

2 fab cards Vicky...I am sure your son will love his one and that new release looks so pretty!!

Fi
x

coops said...

2 fantastic cards vicky.i love the scooter boy, he is perect for male cards and the papers and layout are fab and woweeee to your 2nd card hun.she is really beautiful and your attention to detail hun as always is impeccable :D
happy new year hun :D

xx coops xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Two fab cards! Please collect an award from my blog

Grenouille Greetings said...

Happy New Year! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Unknown said...

I really like the crafty purple frog card but scooter boy is amazing!! Happy new year sweetie xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Another two fantastic creations Vicky.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi Vicky gorgeous cards sweetie. I adore how you have used TCPF image for our Sweet Pea Stampers challenge. She is totally beautiful and even more so on your card. Hugs Pascale

Renee said...

Your cards are amazing!!!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Fab cards. I love your Sweet Pea one, that image is amazing. Thank for joining us this time over at SPS.

Claire x