My Lovely Friends

Friday 10 September 2010

OMG a man's card

Good afternoon every1 I cant believe its Friday already these weeks really are flying by. I had HUGE probs with my lappy yesterday my hard-drive went bonkers & has given up the will to live.....you would think it would of warned me 1st..... EEEE gosh well anyway's on my lappy like probably sooo many of you I have digi images & craft robo cutting files & templates etc but stupid me hadn't backed anything up....yeah exactly I spat the dummy big time, actually the blanket got thrown as well!!! So I'm using a TINY 20gig hard-drive that used to be my youngest son's (Jake) off an old abox 360, thank goodness for his games console as also he has 1 of those thingy-ma-jiggy's that you use to transfer thing from your xbox to computer....not up on xbox lingo lol. So now hubby has my hard-drive linked up to Jake's big computer hoping that he can transfer all my files.....I have everything crossed that it works, do you know for once I'm glad I spoil my kids a bit too much....dont tell them that lol.
Right onto the reason I'm here & thats my card. I have actually made a man's card I did 1 of my DT cards yesterday & then last night made a male card......I think my hard-drive may of burnt out as well lol. I got some Flower Soft stamps ages & ages ago but only now FINALLY put them to card, so here it is....
This is the stamp by Flower Soft 'Man Of The Match' I first saw this on the lovely Coops so obviously went on the wi-fi high street & me 1.....ok a couple of flower soft stamps & some more flower soft. I enjoyed colouring this is it represents me & my brother, we are both footie fan but unfortunately my brother got hit with a 'glory hunter' trophy when he was young (the team was at 1st place at the time in division 1, there was no prem league then). Yes he still has no taste what-so-ever & still supports Liverpool, I suppose some1's got 2. I on the other hand support a REAL team they went down to the championship division not so long ago but it was just to see what it was like....they are now amongst their kind, playing with the big boys, thats right its Newcastle Utd home to the magpies, where we have had gos like Sir Bobby, Keegan & not forgetting Shearer. I'm older than my bro so I am the bigger boy lol.

The sentiment comes with the stamp, which I think is just fab. The papers are from BG 'Olivia' & I got it from Crafty Emma's, I know its called Olivia but I thought these 2 papers could be for male or female. The dew drops are also from there. All the papers were edged with 'Black Soot' & 'Firebrick Red' distress inks & been distressed with my tolly thingy. I also turned over the bottom corner & inked both corners with the same distress ink.
 
The image is coloured with Promarkers, I've tried to make clothes look as tho they have dirty patches lol & the ball is covered with Glossy Accents. The metal looking letter beads are from my jewellery stash, they are acrylic beads. I love this image I think it shows what football is truly about.....no matter what colour shirt you wear you just love the sport, the true feeling of the game.....to me its what football is about 'the sport' why argue & fight about a sport that you both enjoy......its just pathetic!!.
Anyway over at Cards for men there challenge this week is 'Long Summer days', well all I've seen during the summer (when its NOT been raining) is lads & their dads playing football, kids see a field & they see a pretend goal with their jacket & out comes a football.
Will be back later with another card I'm away to tidy the bomb site that is my craft-room, it looks like a war zone......Speaking of which dont forget the card-drive for the soldiers...its a VERY worthwhile cause, check out my post on my side-bar!!!
Well thats it for now peeps I'm away see you all soonies, take care & thankyou for popping by....I will put the kettle on next time lol.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx


http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ - Long Summer Days

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I like this card Vicky!
The image is great and your colouring is fantastic::
It's difficult to make a card for a man, but you know how to do it!
Have a fantastic weekend!
Hugs, Heidi:)

coops said...

wow fanatstic male card vicky.i love this image and your colours are stunning.great backing papers and a super layout :)
sorry i`m a bit behind in commenting :D

xx coops xx

Alison said...

This is stunning- those little lads are gorgeous! (Thank goodness for hubbys that are good with computers! Hope you get it sorted) Thanks for joining in our challenge at Cards For Men and good luck in the draw.
Hugs Alison x

Patricia St Martin said...

Just love you card the boys are so wonderful.Love your coloring. Thanks for playing with us at Cards for Men. Good luck on the challenge.

Mandy said...

A great mans/boys card,love the image and the papers and embellishments are fabulous...Thanks for playing along with us at Cards for Men,hope to see you next time...
Mandy xx